Do you know a dedicated Mission Central volunteer? Would you like to honor them and help make their accomplishments known? If so, NOW is the time. We are currently seeking nominations for the 2017 “Harry Overholtzer Volunteer of the Year Award”
Please read the details below and take a few moments to nominate that deserving person!
2017 Mission Central Harry Overholtzer Volunteer of the Year Award Criteria
This award is named in honor of Mission Central’s visioning taskforce leader and founding director, Mr. Harry Overholtzer, whose vision was to have nearly a 100% volunteer work force.
Volunteers are undoubtedly the “backbone” of Mission Central. Our culture offers an array of entertaining pastimes, yet annually over 7,000 individuals choose to give time to Mission Central. The Mission Central Volunteer of the Year Award allows us to recognize those who believe Mission Central is “a place where visions of ministry become missions of hope and promises of faith are kept in projects of service.”
Purpose of the Award: To recognize and honor an individual who has advanced Mission Central through his/her volunteer time and efforts and has been a support to Mission Central staff.
Please consider the following selection criteria when nominating an individual for this award:
- Positive impact the nominee has had on Mission Central,
- Nominee’s ability to work with other volunteers, staff, and ministry partners,
- Interacted with a variety of staff members,
- Provided long-term exceptional service to Mission Central (minimum of two years),
- Dedication to a safe and inclusive environment,
- Nominee’s innovative approaches to performing volunteer service,
- How nominee models character and professional behavior when interacting with other volunteers, staff, partners and community.
- Advanced Mission Central mission through talent and service,
- Advocate for Mission Central throughout the region,
- Increased funding/resources generated by nominee,
- Recruitment of additional volunteers,
- Personal growth from being a Mission Central volunteer (that you have observed)
Entry Requirements: Complete the nomination form provided.
Nomination Procedures: Any member of the Mission Central Board of Directors, volunteer, staff, HUB Coordinator or ministry partner can nominate another person for the Volunteer of the Year award. Nominations should be forwarded by mail to: Mission Central, 5 Pleasant View Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050; Emailed to: email@example.com or by fax: 717-796-9582.
Nomination or Submission Deadline: Nominations must be received by January 16, 2017, to be assured of receiving full consideration.
Award Committee Membership: The award committee will be comprised of a representative of the Mission Central Board of Directors, Education Coordinator, Operations Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Development Director and the Assistant to the Executive Director.
Presentation of the Award: The award will be announced and presented at both the Susquehanna Conference of the United Methodist Church gathering and the annual major funding Mission Central event.
Frequency of the Award: Annually